Do you take advantage of LinkedIn’s Products & Services tab to showcase or promote your products and services? If so, it’s time to discover content-sharing alternatives for your Company Page. LinkedIn will remove the Products & Services tab from all LinkedIn Company Pages on April 14th, 2014.
According to LinkedIn, the feature removal results from constant evaluation of the products and features available on LinkedIn. The company says its “seeking new ways to focus our resources on building the best products.”
So what does this mean for Company Page Administrators?
- You can edit existing products and services until April 14th.
- You cannot add new products and services after April 14th.
While the Products & Services tab will be removed, there’s a couple ways to share important content, including Showcase Pages and Company Updates.
Share Content Using Showcase Pages
Showcase Pages enable you to create pages for different aspects of your business, including products and services. Here’s how to create your own Showcase Page:
- Identify specific business areas that require a Showcase Page.
- Go to the “Edit” dropdown menu and select “Create a Showcase Page.”
- Create and start sharing content related to the Showcase Page.
- Use the analytics tool to monitor the performance of your Showcase Page.
According to LinkedIn, “a Showcase Page should be used for building long-term relationships with members who want to follow specific aspects of your business, and not for short-term marketing campaigns.”
Share Content Using Company Updates
Company Updates can help you build relationships and engage with your page followers. When you post an update, the update will appear on your Company Page and your followers’ newsfeed. Here’s how to post a Company Update:
- Write an update in the “share an update” box on the Company Page Home Tab.
- Attach a media file using the paper clip icon or enter a URL link if necessary.
- Click “share” to post your update.
To learn more about Showcase Pages and Company Updates, give us a call at (613) 277-2312
or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Digivie can help you take advantage of these alternatives to share content regarding your products and services.