Rewarding, Challenging & Exciting Ottawa Technology Careers
Entry to Mid-level IT Technician
Are you ready for a new challenge and looking for a company who will invest in and appreciate your talents?
Founded 8 years ago, DigiVie Communications specializes in computers, IP voice communication, and Microsoft-based IT solutions. Supporting customers exclusively in the Ottawa and Gatineau area with both remote and on-site services.
We are looking for an Entry to Mid-level computer savvy individual who is willing to learn various technologies and grow into a senior technical position.
The right person will have a passion for helping businesses succeed, along with a desire to be more than just an employee. With all of the modern tools of the best managed service providers (ConnectWise, LabTech, ScreenConnect, ITGlue, PRTG…), as well as full suite of products and services. This role is an opportunity to take your career to the next level and skill up to a senior role and compensation.
This is what you will be responsible for:
- Learn and understand the incumbent suite of tools and technologies used by DigiVie and our clients.
- Support existing clientele and their Telecom IT infrastructure
- Perform technical assessments and document systems for new and existing clients
- Track and resolve support requests through effective decision making and problem solving skills
- Manage projects, such as building and deploying physical and virtual servers and IP telephony systems
- Perform proactive preventative maintenance tasks on computers, servers, network infrastructure, etc
- Provide proactive and strategic customer communication
- Continually educate yourself through our career program on technology and IT security
What we require from you?
- 1+ years’ technical experience in the support of information technology solutions
- Present yourself in a professional, competent manner, be highly organized, and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Rudimentary knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems and Office suites / 365
- Rudimentary understanding of networking technology and theory
- Rudimentary understanding of and experience with domain name registration and DNS management
- Ability to positively contribute to a dynamic and exciting team environment
- A valid Class G driver’s license and vehicle for travel throughout the National Capital Region
- A police records check
Experience in the following are considered a strong asset:
- Experience with Microsoft server operating systems, including SBS, 2008/2012R2, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Active Directory, Group Policy, terminal services, RDP, application virtualization, Hyper-V clustering, etc
- Experience with understanding of virtualization deployments (Hyper-V / VMWare)
- Experience installing and supporting data backup systems, AV platforms, etc
Familiarity with, or possession of the following are highly desirable:
- A two-year associate’s degree in a computer related field, Network+ certification, or commensurate experience.
- MCSA certification or higher
- Labtech, or other RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) system
- ConnectWise, or other PSA (Professional Services Automation) system
- SonicWALL Firewalls
- Dell PowerEdge Servers and iDRAC configurations
- Aastra, Polycom, Yealink and SIP-based telephony systems
- WHM/cPanel and LAMP-based VPS services
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2008R2
- Microsoft PowerShell
- VMware vSphere
- Citrix XenApp and CPSM
Compensation will be negotiated based on your experience and ability. Most importantly, you will have fun working with a successful and dynamic IT service company in Ottawa.
If this is you, contact us by uploading your resume in the sidebar to the right!