Ottawa Computer Services Career: Senior IT Technician
DigiVie Communications is looking for the best IT service professionals, who have a passion for helping their clients succeed by meeting their technology support needs. We want you to join our team if you have the passion, the drive, and a love of technology.
We will pay you a competitive salary, with plenty of room to grow In both pay and position. Most importantly you will have fun working for one of the top IT service companies in Ottawa. Are you ready for a new challenge? Looking for a company who will appreciate your talents?
Then join our team of highly skilled IT professionals.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Collaborating with clients and our sales team to determine the most appropriate technology solutions for customer needs.
- Properly “on-boarding” new clients by performing technical assessments, documenting systems, etc.
- Act as primary technical liaison to ensure we properly monitor and manage the customer environment.
- Work as a team with colleagues to help resolve more complex issues.
- Perform proactive preventative maintenance tasks on servers, network infrastructure, etc.
- Focus on proactive and strategic customer communication.
- Maintain a focus on continuing education for evolving technology solutions.
- Managing and maintaining client’s VoIP and IP PBX technology.
What we require from you:
- 5+ years’ progressive technical experience in the support of information technology solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems, including Active Directory, Group Policies, terminal services, RDP, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems (Win 7/8).
- Fundamental understanding of networking technologies.
- Fundamental understanding of virtualization deployments (Hyper-V / VMWare).
- Experience installing and supporting data backup systems, AV platforms, etc.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Take ownership of complex IT problems and knowing when to ask for help.
- Ability to positively contribute to a dynamic and exciting team environment.
- MCSA certification or higher.
- A two-year associate’s degree in a computer related field, Network+ certification, or commensurate experience.
- Strong working knowledge of VoIP and IP PBX technology.
Are you the best IT service professional out there? We will require you demonstrate how good you actually are. There will be a testing and quiz gear to have you demonstrate your technical ability, skills and also your personality type. We only want the best IT service technicians and future leaders.
If that is you, contact us right now to apply.